Grilled salmon makes a beautiful presentation, whether on top of a salad or alongside some grilled vegetables.
1 cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
¼ cup mirin ( Japanese rice wine)
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
3 small garlic cloves, grated (will come to about 1 teaspoon after grating)
1 ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 medium orange, zested and then half juiced (about 1 teaspoon zest, ¼ cup juice)
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 scallion, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
2 pounds salmon fillet (or four 8-oz fillets)
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon sesame seeds, for serving
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 508 (39% from fat) • carb. 27g • pro. 53g • fat 23g • sat. fat 3g
• chol. 125mg • sod. 2329mg • calc. 37mg • f iber 0g
1. In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, zest, juice, sesame oil and scallion. Set over medium heat and bring to a boil. Allow to cook until mixture is reduced by about half and the liquid has become thick and syrupy – this should take around 20 minutes, depending on the stove being used. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Fit the Griddler® Deluxe with the grill plates and preheat both plates to 400°F. While grill is preheating, season the salmon with the salt and brush with oil on both sides of the fish.
3. Place the salmon on the lower grill plate, flesh side down. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the edges are cooked (interior of fish will only be cooked about halfway through at this point). Flip the fish and then brush with some of the reserved glaze. Using the cover height adjuster, carefully close the upper grill plate so the plate is just above the top of the fish, but not touching it. Grill until cooked through, an additional 4 to 5 minutes (flesh will flake away with a fork, but still be bright pink inside).
4. With about 1 minute remaining, open the grill and brush the top of the fish with more of the glaze and then flip to cook an additional minute. Remove and serve immediately, brushing with more glaze and sprinkling with the sesame seeds.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!