A hearty, sweet and tangy sandwich, the Cuisinart Cuban starts with our grilled pork chops, but you can use thinly sliced pork roast if you prefer.
4 Portuguese rolls, split
2 to 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
4 teaspoons mustard, divided (use your favorite variety – we use golden-brown)
6 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
8 medium-thin slices of ham (about 6 ounces)
2 cooked pork chops, very thinly sliced
1 large sour or dill pickle, sliced
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 656 (51% from fat) • carb. 24g • pro. 54g • fat 37g • sat. fat 18g
• chol. 165mg • sod. 1139mg • calc. 455mg • f iber 2g
1. Fit the Griddler® Deluxe with the grill plates and preheat both plates to 400˚F.
2. Lightly brush the outside of each roll with the softened butter.
3. Spread the inside of each half of the roll with 1 teaspoon mustard. Evenly divide the Swiss, ham, pork and pickles and put on the bottom of each roll, starting and ending with the cheese. Top with the other halves of the rolls, buttered side up.
4. When the unit is ready, place the sandwiches on the lower grill plate. Lower cover and press lightly on the handle for 30 seconds. Grill for 5 minutes, until the roll is golden, and well toasted, the filling is warm and cheese is melted. Halve each sandwich and serve warm.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!