The quintessential hors d'oeuvre - with a party-ready look.
Makes 24 servings
12 large eggs
½ cup mayonnaise
1½ teaspoons Dijon style mustard
1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon capers, drained
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
paprika for garnish
Nutritional information per egg: Calories 54 (70% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 3g • fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 108mg • sod. 144mg • calc. 15mg • fiber 0g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Put 3 cups water into the work bowl. Put 12 eggs into the Steam Basket and place into the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
2. The cooking time is set for 25 minutes at 285°F.
3. Remove the eggs so they cool enough to handle. Discard water and wipe the work bowl dry.
4. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Remove yolks and add to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid. Process for 45 seconds on Speed 12 until smooth.
5. Add ½ cup mayonnaise, 1½ teaspoons each Dijon and lemon juice, teaspoon Worcestershire, 1 tablespoon capers, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
6. Pulse to incorporate.
7. Process for 45 seconds on Speed 12 until smooth.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
9. Fit a pastry bag with a star tip and transfer yolk mixture in order to pipe into reserved whites. Alternatively, the yolk mixture can also be spooned onto the whites.
10. Garnish by sprinkling with paprika.