A terrific kid snack for all aged kids. Super easy to make
1½ c. plus 2 tablespoon. or 1¼ sticks butter, softened to room temp.
2⅓ c. packed brown sugar
2½ cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon. baking powder
¼ teaspoon. salt
12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
½ c. walnuts
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 9 x 13” inch pan.
3. Beat butter and sugar in bowl until creamy.
4. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each egg.
5. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt; blend well.
6. Fold in chips and nuts.
7. Turn in pan, spread evenly. Bake until top is lightly browned, about 20-25 minutes.
8. Transfer to wire rack; let cool. Cut into bars.
9. Congo bars freeze well.