Instead of giving your sweetheart boxed chocolates, present your Valentine with this delicious dessert!
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract
2 T. Amaretto
4 large eggs
¾ c. cocoa
1 cup flour
½ t. baking powder
¼ t. salt
1 - 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in microwave (about 2 minutes).
3. Pour butter in a bowl of a Cuisinart Stand Mixer. Cream in sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and Amaretto.
4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Add cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix only until dry ingredients are incorporated.
5. Place 1 can cherry pie filling in Cuisinart SmartPower Premier 600-Watt Blender and process until almost pureed. (Some cherry chunks are acceptable.) Fold into cake batter.
6. Spray a 9” x 9”pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
7. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until cakes pull away from side and wooden cake tester comes out clean.
*Serving suggestion: Serve warm with vanilla ice cream topped with more cherry pie filling.