• 1 cup very strong espresso
• ½ cup butter
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup flour
• 4 eggs
• 8 ounces mascarpone (about 1 cup)
• ⅛ cup dark rum
• 2 cup heavy cream
• 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
• espresso powder for dusting
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add espresso and bring to a boil.
3. Add flour and salt and stir until a ball of dough forms and pulls from the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat
4. Allow the dough to cool slightly before beating in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
5. Pipe, or drop by the spoonful onto a very lightly greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The centers should be dry.
7. Remove from oven and poke a hole in the bottom of each puff with a paring knife to let the steam esape. Cool completely.
8. Beat the mascarpone and rum until smooth.
9. In a separate bowl, whip 1½ cups of heavy crem to medium peaks. Add half of the cream to the mascarpone and rum mixture and fold until incorporated. Fold in the remainder of the whipped cream.
10. Pipe cream filling into each cooled puff using the steam hole made earlier.
11. Heat remaining ½ cup of heavy cream until steaming and pour over chocolate. Let the hot cream melt the chocolate, about 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
12. Dip each puff into the chocolate ganache and dust with espresso powder