An easy dessert for those BBQ's or fancy parties - this dessert fits all occasions. Always a hit!
10 oz. Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake (defrosted) cut into small squares
3 oz. box of Strawberry Jell-O
2.9 oz. box of Custard Dessert by Jell-O
2 cups of milk
8 oz. tub of Cool Whip
1 large bushel of fresh strawberries slice thinly
No nutrition information available
1. Cut pound cake into small squares and line the bottom of a trifle bowl.
2. Prepare strawberry Jell-O as directed on package. Pour a small amount of the strawberry Jell-O onto the pound cake squares to get all pieces wet.
3. Top with sliced strawberries. Pour in another small amount of strawberry Jell-O. Try not to saturate with strawberry Jell-O (you should have some left over). Add another layer of pound cake and sliced strawberries.
4. Prepare custard as directed on the package (keep stirring at all times while cooking). When custard is done, pour a generous amount on top of last layer (you should have some left over).
5. Cover trifle bowl tightly and put into refrigerator overnight. When you are ready to serve, add a thick layer of Cool Whip on top and decorate with strawberries. Enjoy!
*Want to make this yummy dessert with fewer Calories? Use Sara Lee Reduced fat Pound Cake, sugar-free strawberry Jell-O, 2% milk when making custard and Lite Cool Whip! It still tastes great!