• 1 tablespoon of flour, for dusting
• 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
• 2 teaspoons sanding sugar
• 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup toffee bits
• 8 ounces mascarpone
• 1/2 cup salted caramel ice cream topping
No nutrition information available
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sprinkle half of the flour on your work surface. Unfold the puff pastry onto the flour and then sprinkle it lightly with the remaining flour. Use a rolling pin to slightly flatten the puff pastry, and then use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut it into approximately twelve, 3/4 x 11 - inch ribbons.
3. Starting just above the small tip, spiral wrap each pastry strip around a 5-inch metal cream horn mold or mini ice cream sugar cone, overlapping the layers slightly to cover the mold. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and place seam side down, at least one-inch apart.
4. Brush the top of each pastry with a small amount of water and then sprinkle each with about 1/8 teaspoon of sanding sugar.
5. Bake at 400ºF for 10-13 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool for two minutes. Carefully slide the molds out of the pastry by using a gentle twisting motion. Place pastries on a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Place chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds, stirring halfway through. Stir again until smooth. If morsels are not completely melted, microwave in 10-second increments until it can be stirred completely smooth.
7. Place toffee bits in a small bowl. Dip the open end of the cooled pastries into the melted chocolate, then into the toffee bits. Put dipped pastries on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and then place in the refrigerator until set.
8. While chocolate is setting, prepare filling. Place mascarpone and salted caramel in a small bowl and mix with an electric mixer until combined. Place filling in a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip. Pipe filling into cooled and set pastries. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.