A delicious and rich chocolate cake for any special occasion.
- cooking spray
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
No nutrition information available
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat a 12-cup Bundt® pan with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl three times. Reserve.
- Place the chocolate, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a small mixing bowl. Pour the boiling water over the mixture and stir so that the chocolate melts. This mixture will be very thick.
- Place butter in the Cuisinart™ mixing bowl. Insert the flat mixing paddle. Turn to speed 2. Beat the butter for about 15 to 20 seconds. Add the sugars and continue to mix until the butter and sugars are light and fluffy, about 45 seconds. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add the vanilla. Spoon the chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl and mix well until ingredients are incorporated. Add 1⁄3 of the dry ingredients and press Fold until just incorporated. Add ½ of the sour cream and press Fold until just incorporated.
- Continue folding in the ingredients alternately, ending with the dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes in preheated 350°F oven until a cake tester comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool. Cool completely before cutting.