The flavors of the holiday favorite pumpkin pie are paired with the traditional creaminess of cheesecake to make this delicious dessert.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 cups gingersnap cookies (about 5 ounces)
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature, cut into 8 pieces each
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 large eggs
1-1/2 cups sour cream
1 cup canned pumpkin (solid pack, not pie filling)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Place a large roasting pan on bottom rack of oven and fill with water up to 1 to 2 inches. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with one tablespoon of the butter.
2. Prepare the crust: Insert the metal chopping blade into the work bowl of the Cuisinart Food Processor. Add the ginger snap cookies to the work bowl. Pulse to break them up and then process until finely chopped. Add the remaining butter and pulse until the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
3. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then prepare the topping and filling.
4. Prepare the batter: wipe out the work bowl and add the cream cheese to the bowl fitted with the metal chopping blade. Pulse 10 times and then process until smooth. Scrape the bowl and add the sugar and salt, process for an additional 30 to 45 seconds until smooth. With the machine running, add the eggs one at a time with the vanilla until incorporated. Add the sour cream and pulse until all ingredients are just incorporated, scraping the bowl as necessary. Add the pumpkin and remaining spices and process until all ingredients are homogenous.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the middle of the oven. Add more water to roasting pan if any has evaporated. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave the cake to rest in the oven. Wait at least one hour before opening the oven door.
6. Remove cheesecake and place on a cooling rack. Once completely cool, wrap well with plastic and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.