This is traditional pumpkin pie kicked up a notch with a rich, nutty topping.
- 1 (16 oz) can solid pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (13oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 deep dish pie crust prebaked at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes then completely cooled
- 2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
No nutrition information available
- In a large bowl or stand mixer combine first 9 ingredients plus ¼ cup of brown sugar. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- In a small bowl, prepare pie topping by combining remaining ¼ cup brown sugar, melted butter and pecans. Set aside.
- Pour pie batter into prebaked and cooled piecrust and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from oven and crumble topping over partially baked pie.
- Return to oven for an additional 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.