1 cup packed brown sugar
⅔ cup butter
¼ cup dark or light color corn syrup
¼ cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 ½ cups quick-cooking rolled oats
1 12 ounce pkg. (2 cups) semisweet chocolate pieces
1 cup butterscotch-flavor pieces
⅔ cup peanut butter
½ cup chopped peanuts
No nutrition information available
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium-low heat smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the ¼ cup peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
2. Place oats in an extra-large bowl. Pour brown sugar mixture over oats, stirring gently until combined. Press oat mixture evenly into bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, in the same saucepan combine chocolate pieces and butterscotch pieces. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Stir in the ⅔ cup peanut butter until smooth.
4. Slowly pour chocolate mixture over hot crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with peanuts. Cool in pan on a wire rack. (If necessary, chill until chocolate is set.) Cut into bars. Makes 48 bars.
5. cover pan and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months