fruit pie with rich biscuit dough crust
3 cups peeled and sliced ripe peaches
1 cup plus 3 tbsp sugar
1 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp ap flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
4 tbsp butter, melted
vanilla ice cream, for accompaniment
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Butter an 8 inch square baking dish.
2. Toss the peaches with 3 tbsp sugar, 1 1/2 tbsp flour, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Pour into the baking dish.
3. Sift together 1 1/4 cup flour, 1 tsp salt and the baking powder in a bowl. Mix with 1 cup sugar.
4. Beat the egg, milk and butter in a large bowl. Stire into the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour over the peaches
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Serve the cobbler warm, topped with vanilla ice cream.