Makes ten 1/2-cup servings.
- 1 cup whole milk, well chilled
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate morsels
296 Calories (66% from fat) • carb. 24g • pro. 3g • fat 23g • sat. fat 14g • chol. 69mg • sod. 31mg • calc. 69mg • fiber 0g
- In a medium bowl, use a Cuisinart® Hand Mixer or a whisk to combine the milk, granulated sugar, espresso powder, and cocoa until dissolved, about 1 - 2 minutes on low speed. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Assemble the Cuisinart® ICE-20 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.
- Turn the machine ON; pour mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Add the mini chocolate morsels during the last 5 minutes of mixing. The ice cream will have a soft creamy texture. If desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer until firm, about 2 hours to "ripen."