Moist cakes with lovely Hawaiian pineapple flavor. Just the right size for dessert or tea! These will take you away to the islands with their sweet and fruity taste.
- cooking spray
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups dark brown sugar
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package pineapple (or vanilla) cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⅓ cups pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup Canola oil
No nutrition information available
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 24 muffin cups with cooking spray (don't use cupcake liners!).
Spoon 1 teaspoon melted butter into the bottom of each muffin cup.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon brown sugar in each muffin cup.
Place a maraschino cherry into the center of each muffin cup.
Place a few pineapple tidbits around the cherry in each muffin cup, pressing them into the brown sugar so the layer is somewhat even.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, pineapple juice, and Canola oil in a large bowl with electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
Pour cake batter into the muffin cups, filling them to the top, being careful not to overfill.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool at least 5 minutes before inverting muffin cups onto waxed paper or parchment. Serve warm.