Moist cakes with lovely Hawaiian pineapple flavor. Just the right size for dessert or tea! These will take you away to the islands with their sweet and fruity taste.
No servings information available
- cooking spray
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups dark brown sugar
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package pineapple (or vanilla) cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⅓ cups pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup Canola oil
No nutrition information available
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 24 muffin cups with cooking spray (don't use cupcake liners!).
Spoon 1 teaspoon melted butter into the bottom of each muffin cup.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon brown sugar in each muffin cup.
Place a maraschino cherry into the center of each muffin cup.
Place a few pineapple tidbits around the cherry in each muffin cup, pressing them into the brown sugar so the layer is somewhat even.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, pineapple juice, and Canola oil in a large bowl with electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
Pour cake batter into the muffin cups, filling them to the top, being careful not to overfill.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool at least 5 minutes before inverting muffin cups onto waxed paper or parchment. Serve warm.