4 oz. of cream cheese (softened)
½ cup butter (1 stick) at room temperature
1 ¼ cup of flour
1 tb. of softened butter
¼ cup of brown sugar
¼ cup of dark corn syrup
1 teaspoon. of vanilla
Dash of salt
1 ¼ cup of chopped pecans
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two mini muffin tins well.
2. Crust: In a bowl, add butter and cream cheese to flour. Use your fingers to tear the butter and cream cheese into chunks. Work the butter and cream cheese into the flour with your fingers until the mixture is a coarse meal. Press mixture together until a dough forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
3. Filling: Meanwhile, beat the egg, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt together with a standard mixer or whisk. Add the nuts and stir to combine and coat nuts.
4. When dough is done chilling, tear off a piece and roll into a 1 inch ball. Flatten into a disk just large enough to line one muffin cup (not too thin or the crust will be too delicate and break). Press into the muffin tin to make a little pie crust and repeat until all 24 cups are filled. Chill whole pan in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
5. Use a small spoon or measuring spoon (I use a teaspoon) to divide filling evenly between tarts.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until crusts are golden brown. Let cool for at least 15 minutes. Use a knife to carefully loosen and take out each tart. Enjoy right away or cool.