8 - 10
- 2 sticks butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pack German sweet chocolate
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
No nutrition information available
- Stir chocolate in ¼ cup water over low heat until melted. Cool and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl of electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, creaming well after each egg. Add melted chocolate.
- In separate bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt with a fork. Add flour mixture alternately with milk to creamed mixture in electric mixer. Blend well. Stir in flavorings.
- Pour into greased and floured Bundt or tube pan. Bake in 325 degree oven for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Cool pan on cake rack for 20 minutes. Then loosen around edges of the pan with a knife. Cool another 30 minutes before removing from cake pan.
- This cake really doesn't need a frosting, but you might want to dust on a little powdered sugar.