• Ingredients for the Crust: ½ cup blanched almond
• 1 cup flour
• ⅓ cup powdered sugar
• ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small cubes
• 1 tablespoon cold water
• Ingredients for the Filling: 7 large egg yolks
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons grated fresh Meyer lemon zest (from 4 to 5 lemons)
• ⅔ cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (from 4 to 5 lemons)
• A pinch of kosher salt
• 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• 3 tablespoons heavy cream, chilled
No nutrition information available
1. To prepare the crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place almonds in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add flour and powdered sugar, pulse until combined.
2. Add the butter into the flour mixture and pulse until just combined; drizzle in water and pulse a few more times until the dough comes together. Remove dough from the food processor (be careful of the blade).
3. Place the dough into a 9-inch-round or 4-by-15-inch rectangle tart pan with removable bottom. Firmly press dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. You can use the bottom of a small glass to help with the shaping. Gently prick the dough with a fork to prevent from puffing up too much during baking.
4. Bake for 13 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly while you prepare the filling. Keep the oven on at 375 degree F.
5. To Prepare the Filling: In a medium saucepan, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar lemon zest, lemon juice and salt until combined. Add the butter and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens slightly and reaches 170 degrees, about 5 minutes.
6. Pour the filling mixture through a fine-mesh strainer and into a heat-proof bowl; then stir in the heavy cream.
7. To Assemble: Pour the filling into the tart shell. Return the filled tart back to the oven and bake until the filling is in the center jiggles slightly when shaken, about 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely to room temperature, then, refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!