- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup Kahlua
- 1 cup chopped roasted/salted almonds
- 2 tablespoon of dark chocolate syrup
No nutrition information available
- Combine the cream, milk, sugar, espresso powder and Kahlua in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a bowl or stand mixer. Whisk 1 cup of the hot cream into the egg yolks. Gradually add the egg mixture back into the pan of hot cream. Cook over medium-low heat while continuously stirring and until the mixture thickens. (about 5 min).
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Cover the surface of the hot cream with plastic wrap to keep a skin from forming. Chill in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator and pour into the bowl of your Cuisinart ice cream maker. Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- When the ice cream is at a soft serve consistency, add the almonds. Let it continue to churn for another 5 minutes then drizzle the chocolate in while the machine is running and only long enough to have chocolate swirls within the cream. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.