• 2 eggs
• 2 c whole milk
• 1 c heavy cream
• ⅔ c sugar
• Pinch salt
• ½ t pure extract vanilla
• ½ c chocolate hazelnut spread (½ jar)
• Toasted hazelnuts, chopped (garnish)
No nutrition information available
1. Beat eggs with an electric mixer until pale yellow.
2. Combine milk, cream, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture is scalded (slight film on top of mixture). Stir constantly to avoid scorching.
3. Add vanilla and hazelnut spread to mix well.
4. Pour mixture in a bowl through a strainer to remove any pieces. Chill completely. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
5. Top with freshly toasted and chopped hazelnuts.