• 1 pound fresh apricots, pitted
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1 cup whole milk
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
• 4 oz cream cheese, softened
• 2 tbl corn starch
• 12 Specoloos Cookies (Biscoff) broken up
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Put apricot halves, cut side up, on tray, sprinkle with salt and drizzle with the honey. Roast until soft and starting to brown, about 30 minutes.
2. Bring half of the milk to a boil in a small sauce pan. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. In a measuring cup, whisk the remaining milk with the cornstarch to make a slurry. Pour the slurry into the heated milk mixture and stir constantly to bring back to a boil and thicken. Remove from heat and let cool briefly.
3. Using a standard or immersion blender, combine the apricots, any juices and the heavy cream. Process until smooth. Mix in the milk mixture, and then strain the entire mixture. Let cool to room temp, then refrigerate overnight. You can also use an ice bath to chill quickly.
4. Pour the cold mixture into your Cuisinart Gelato Maker. Churn for about 30 minutes, until thick, creamy and fluffy. Remove to a loaf pan and mix in the broken cookies using a spatula. Press plastic wrap to the surface and freeze at least 2 hours before eating.