A festive, and irresistible, Halloween treat. The salty pretzels offset the sweet marshmallow and candy corn.
10 cups plain popcorn (not buttered or oiled)
1½ cups candy corn
2 cups salted pretzel twists, crushed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cups marshmallows
½ cup bittersweet chocolate, melted and warm, optional
No nutrition information available
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the popcorn, candy corn and crushed pretzel twists.
2. In a microwave safe dish, melt the butter. Remove and reserve. Also in a microwave safe dish, heat the marshmallows until they are very puffy, about 45 to 60 seconds on High.
3. Combine the melted marshmallows and butter together and then add to the popcorn mixture.
4. While wearing gloves*, combine the entire mixture very evenly. Start to form into balls, about 1½ cups per popcorn ball (the candy corn tends to drop to the bottom of the bowl so continuously stir the mixture with your hands to ensure it is even).
5. Transfer to a parchment or foil-lined pan or platter. Allow to set for about 1 hour.
6. If using the optional chocolate, drizzle over the tops of the popcorn balls. Transfer to a fridge for a minimum of 1 hour to set.
*While gloves make it much easier to form the sticky popcorn ball mixture, you can opt to spray hands with nonstick cooking spray if gloves are not available.