Dark, moist cake with a crispy butter & brown sugar topping.
2 c sugar
1.5 c oil
2 c flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 c grated carrots
½ c nuts (I use walnuts)
1 stick margarine
1 c dark brown sugar (packed tight)
4 teaspoon milk
¾ teaspoon vanilla
dash of cinnamon
1 c grated (flaked) coconut
1 c chopped nuts (I use walnuts here, too)
1. Mix sugar, oil, and eggs.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to egg mixture.
3. Add grated carrots and nuts. Mix well.
4. Spread batter in 9x13 pan and bake @350 for 49 minutes.
1. Cream margarine, brown sugar and milk.
2. Add remaining topping ingredients and mix well.
Spread topping on cake while cake is still hot.
Broil for 1-2 minutes until topping is bubbly. Watch carefully so as not to burn the topping!