This is a simple to remember cobbler recipe passed down to me by my aunt while preparing for a family dinner at my grandmother's home. It is simple to make and the batter/mixture makes its own crust on top as it bakes. Enjoy!
1 - stick of butter softened to room temperature
1 - cup of sugar
1 - can of evaporated milk
1 - cup of all-purpose flour
1 - large can of fruit of your choice, including liquid or you may use fresh fruit of your choice, using a bit of sugar to bring out the natural juices in the fruit
No nutrition information available
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare 13"x9" baking pan using non-stick spray or butter.
- Using mixer, cream softened butter and sugar together.
- Mix evaporated milk into butter and sugar combination.
- Slowly add flour to butter, sugar, and milk mixture. Mix until smooth and combined.
- Pour the combined mixture (butter,sugar,milk,and flour)into prepared baking pan.
- Drizzle fruit over the top of the mixture in the pan, dropping in equal parts to spread the fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until almost set in the middle. Do not over bake. It should be nice and moist with plenty of juices.