¾ cup butter, melted
1 large egg
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2⅔ cups flour
1 teaspoon walnut extract
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup whole almonds, slivered
Opaque red decorating gel
1. Mix the butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat together with mixer and gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease baking sheets.
4. Remove dough from refrigerator in small amounts. Scoop teaspoons onto waxed paper. Roll the dough into a thin finger-shaped cookie. Press one almond into one end of each cookie. Squeeze cookie near the tip.
4. Bake in the oven until the cookies are golden (20 min).
5. Squeeze a small amount of red decorating gel onto the cookies.