This chocolate raspberry cheesecake has a surprise, a pretzel crust. The sweet and salty combination is wonderful and the cheesecake itself is light and creamy.
1 cup crushed pretzels (in food processor)
4 Tbsp cold margarine or reduced-fat butter
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 8oz packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg whites
½ cup Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate chips
¼ cup seedless raspberry preserves
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line foil into an 8x8” baking dish with ends of foil overlapping the edge of the pan.
2. Mix the crushed pretzels and brown sugar together and cut in butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.
3. For the batter; beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and egg whites one at a time, mixing on low until just blended.
4. Melt the dark chocolate chips in microwave on 50% power in 20-30 second intervals until smooth. Let cool slightly, and then stir into the batter until well combined. Pour over prepared crust, smoothing out batter to cover crust completely.
5. Drop raspberry preserves in tablespoonfuls randomly over batter, swirl with a knife. Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Using the foil, pull cheesecake out of the pan and cut. Store in the refrigerator.