Very pretty soft drop cookie with mild spice flavor. All ages love them. Children prefer them without nuts.
- ¾ cup butter or shortening
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
No nutrition information available
- Place butter or shortening in mixer and beat until softened. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, pumpkin and milk and beat well. Slowly add in sifted dry ingredients on low until well mixed. Add nuts if used.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes until browned lightly on the bottom. Remove to racks and cool. Frost.
- Cookies keep well in refrigerator or freezer.
- Frosting: Cream 3 oz softened cream cheese with ¼ c softened softened butter. Add in 2 c powdered sugar and beat until fluffy. Frost tops of cookies, leaving brown edge.