This is a really yummy version of coconut cream pie. The toasted coconut on top adds a nice crunch, and looks fancy!
No servings information available
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⅔ cups milk
- 14oz can evaporated milk
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Toasted coconut, optional
No nutrition information available
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, salt, cornstarch, and flour. Gradually stir in milk, evaporated milk, and coconut. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute, continuing to stir. Remove from heat.
- Place egg yolks in a medium bowl. Slowly pour 1 cup of milk mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining milk mixture in saucepan.
- Return mixture to heat. Bring to a boil, then boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in butter or margarine and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into baked pastry shell. Sprinkle toated coconut over top, if desired. Chill at least 3 hours before serving.