The chocoholic's dream of a pecan pie. Pie can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in refrigerator, but let warm to room temperature or warm in 275o oven for 15 min. before serving.
- 6oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 tablespoon dark rum
- ½ teaspoon salt
No nutrition information available
- Chop bittersweet or semisweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water or melt in microwave at 50%.
- In high fluted pan bake a plain pastry crust, glazing with egg yolk, following preparation directions (deep dish pie crust recommended) Set oven to 375F.
- Bake coarsely chopped pecans 6-10 minutes until fragrant.
- Whisk until blended: eggs, sugar, corn syrup, unsalted butter, salt and vanilla or dark rum 5. Stir in toasted nuts.
- Warm crust in oven until it is warm to the touch, then pour in filling.
- Bake until the edges are slightly puffed and the center seems set but still soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack for at least 1 ½ hours.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.