This is from a restaurant (Chez Marianne in Paris in 1923)
No servings information available
- ½ lb Bakers unsweetened chocolate
- 1½ cups granulated
- 10 eggs (must be farm fresh), separated
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
No nutrition information available
- Put chocolate, sugar, and water in top of a double boiler. Stir while melting until smooth and free of lumps. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add well beaten egg yolk. Stir in 2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat egg white until stiff in a large serving bowl. Add chocolate mixture to the whites and beat slowly just long enough to incorporate the whites.
- Cover with a lid or saran wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 12 hours before serving. Serve with lady fingers