A chocolate chip cookie with a triple chocolate twist.
- 4 1⁄2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 arge eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate, roughly chopped
No nutrition information available
- Place flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Reserve.
- Place the butter in the Cuisinart™ mixing bowl. Insert the flat mixing paddle. Turn to speed 2 for about 10 seconds and then increase to speed 4 for an additional 10 to cream the butter. Scrape the bowl and paddle. Turn to speed 2 and add both sugars, increasing speed to 4 for about 15 to 20 seconds. Scrape the bowl and paddle. Add eggs one at a time with the stand mixer running on speed 2, increasing to speed 4 for 15 seconds for to incorporate each egg. Add vanilla. Scrape bowl and paddle. Turn to speed 1; add the dry ingredients in 2 additions. After the last addition, increase to speed 3 until just fully incorporated. With the stand mixer running on speed 2, add the macadamia nuts and all chocolate chunks. Mix for about 20 seconds until all of the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Drop well rounded spoonfuls, about 1 1⁄2 tablespoons (you may use a #40 ice cream scoop), onto a tray lined with plastic wrap. Cover with plastic wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F 15 to 20 minutes before baking. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Bake for 13 to 16 minutes or until cookies are crackled in appearance and edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.