These muffins are a real treat to any Chocolate lover. They are very quick and easy to make. And better than store bought any given day!
Makes 9 standard muffins
All-purpose flour - 1 cup + ¼th cup
Coco powder - ¼th cup (un-sweetened)
Granulated sugar - ¾th cup
Salt - ½ teaspoonn
Baking powder - 2 teaspoonns
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips - ½ cup
Neutral flavored oil such as Canola - ⅓rd cup
Egg - 1 large
Milk - Max ½ cup ( See directions below )
Vanilla Essence - 1.5 teaspoonns
No nutrition information available
1) In a mixing bowl, combine and mix the dry ingredients (except the Chocolate Chips) very well. Ensure there are no lumps. Add in the Chips and give it a good stir.
2) In a standard measuring cup, add the oil, egg and essence and then fill it to the 1 cup mark i.e. all ingredients combined together should be 1 cup. Beat the egg and the mixture well so that it is even.
3) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using a fork, mix it to just moisten the whole mixture. Do not over mix or you will end up with tough muffins.
4) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin tray with liners and fill them with the prepared mixture. Fill any empty muffin cups with 2 tblspns of water to prevent overheating. Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5) Transfer to a cooling rack. Store in air tight container once completely cooled.
1) Correct way to measure flour is to spoon it into the measuring cup and then level with a knife. If you directly use the cup to fill flour, you can end up with way more than is required and the muffins may end up being tough.
2) Mix dry ingredients as much as you want. Mix wet ingredients separately as much as you want. But when you are mixing them together do not over mix. Over mixing results in tough muffins, the same principle as pancakes. A fork is the best tool for this.