This ice cream is excellent all alone in a cup, with strawberries, or make our Raspberry Sauce (listed under Sauces and Dressings) to top it off.
Makes about 5 cups (ten ½-cup servings)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mascarpone, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
Nutritional information per serving (based on ½ cup): Calories 240 (56% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 4g • fat 15g • sat. fat 10g • chol. 49mg • sod. 234mg • calc. 65mg • fiber 0g
- Put the cream cheese into the bowl of a stand mixer fiitted with the mixing paddle. Mix the cream on medium speed until very smooth.
- With the mixer running, gradually add the sugar and salt; mix until homogenous. Add the mascarpone and mix until well combined. Slowly add the milk and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Use the fold function to mix in the sour cream. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or overnight. Turn on the Cuisinart® ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.