nonstick cooking spray
¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed light or dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
½ pound carrots, peeled and shredded (about 1½ cups shredded)
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 ounces unsalted butter, softened and at room temperature
1 ounce goat cheese, at room temperature
1⁄3 cup confectioners’ sugar
pinch sea or kosher salt
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nutritional information per serving, with frosting:
Calories: 430 (63% from fat) • carb. 36g • pro. 6g
• fat 31g • sat. fat 8g • chol. 63mg • sod. 244mg
• calc. 36mg • fiber 2g
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Oven Central® to 350ºF with both the top and bottom heaters on. Lightly coat the baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; reserve.
2. Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugars, eggs, oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients with the walnuts and carrots until combined.
4. Pour into the prepared pan and carefully place in the unit. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan.
5. In a small mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the goat cheese and mix until homogenous. Sift in the sugar, and then mix until completely smooth. Stir in the salt and vanilla until well mixed.
6. Once the cake has cooled, remove from pan and spread the frosting evenly on top of the cake.