• 1 cup chocolate cookies. Crushed
• 3 tbs granulated sugar
• ¼ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter. Melted
• Raspberry filling:
• 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen raspberries.
• 2 tbs granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoon cornstarch
• ½ cup water
• 2 cups white chocolate chips
• ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
• 3 (8oz) pkg cream cheese. Softened to room temperature.
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 3 eggs (room temperature)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Mousse layer:
• 12 oz white chocolate chips
• 1½ cups heavy whipping cream (divided)
• ¾ cup finely ground almond flour
• ¾ cup confectioners (powdered) sugar
• ¼ cup granulated sugar
• 2 egg whites (room temperature)
• Pinch of salt
• Red gel food color
• 4 tbs seedless raspberry preserves
• Fresh raspberries
No nutrition information available
1. Prepare the crust:
2. In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, 3tbs sugar and melted butter.
3. Press the mixture into a 9" springform pan which has been lined with parchment paper.
4. Set aside.
5. Prepare the raspberry filling:
6. In a medium saucepan, combine the frozen raspberries, 2 tbs sugar, cornstarch and water.
7. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling until the sauce is thick, about 5 minutes.
8. Strain sauce through a fine sieve to remove seeds.
9. Set aside.
10. Prepare the cheesecake:
11. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
12. In a double boiler, melt 2 cups white chocolate chips with ¼ cup heavy whipping cream until smooth.
13. In a large bowl or stand mixer, mix cream cheese with ½ cup sugar until smooth. Be sure to scrape down bowl sides and bottom occasionally.
14. Beat in eggs, one at a time until just incorporated. DO NOT OVERMIX!
15. Fold in white chocolate mixture with vanilla.
16. Pour half of batter over crust.
17. Spoon in three tbs of raspberry sauce over batter.
18. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan.
19. Spoon in three more tbs of raspberry sauce.
20. Using a knife or skewer, swirl raspberry sauce throughout the batter.
21. Bake for 50-60 minutes at 325 F. Then turn off oven and let the cheesecake rest in the oven for another hour.
22. Prepare the mousse:
23. In a medium saucepan, heat ¾ cup of heavy whipping cream on medium heat until it simmers but do not let it boil!
24. Turn off the burner and add the remaining white chocolate chips.
25. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the cream and chocolate are completely combined.
26. Allow mixture to come to room temperature.
27. Using a hand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk the remaining ¾ cup of heavy whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form.
28. Fold cream into chocolate mixture with beaters on a low speed, until completely incorporated and smooth.
29. Spread over the top of the cheesecake and chill overnight.
30. Prepare the Macarons:
31. Using a food processor, pulse the almond flour and powdered sugar until super fine.
32. Add a pinch of salt and run through a fine sieve. Throw out any lumps. Do not crush the lumps, just throw them out.
33. In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites until foamy.
34. Slowly add ¼ cup of granulated sugar and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form.
35. Add 2-3 drops of red gel food coloring and whisk until the meringue is the desired color of red.
36. Gently fold in almond flour/sugar mixture and mix by hand until you can drip a figure 8 into the bowl without the batter breaking.
37. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a ⅓ inch tip.
38. Pipe 24 small disks of batter onto a large cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
39. Gently tap the cookie sheet on the table a couple of times to break any air bubbles and leave the macarons to rest for 30 minutes or so to dry. The macarons will become stiff and shiny.
40. Pre-heat oven to 300 F. (Use an oven thermometer!)
41. Bake for 7-8 minutes, then open the oven door for about 15 seconds to release any steam. Re-close oven door.
42. Bake for another 7-8 minutes or until the macarons have risen and feel firm.
43. Allow to cool completely before transferring to a wire rack. (They will break if you try to remove them from the parchment paper too early.)
44. Pipe raspberry preserves onto the flat side of one disk, then sandwich together with it's pair.
45. Carefully place the completed macarons into an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
47. The next day, ring the top of the cheesecake with the 12 macarons and cover with fresh raspberries.
48. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce, if desired.