A moist and delicious banana loaf with streusel both inside and on top! Dripping with rum flavored icing.
No servings information available
• Ingredients for loaf: 1 cup granulated sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, 1 stick room temperature unsalted butter, 1 egg, 1 cup buttermilk, 2 teaspoon. banana extract, 3 large bananas mashed, 3 cups sifted flour, 3-½ teaspoon. baking powder, 1 teaspoon. salt.
• Ingredients for Streusel: ¾ cup sugar, ¾ flour, 1 tablespoon water, 1½ teaspoon. cinnamon, ¼ cup soft butter
• Ingredients for icing: 1 cup confectioners sugar, 1-2 teaspoon. rum extract or spiced rum, water
No nutrition information available
1. Combine all ingredients for streusel and set aside. Grease Bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars. Cream together until smooth. Add egg, buttermilk and mashed bananas, and extract. Mix to combine. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet mixture and stir well to combine.
3. Place half the mixture into the bundt pan. Spread half the streusel on top of the batter and then cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle the rest of the streusel on top. Bake for 1 hour at 350 or until done. Cool for a few minutes in the pan, then complete cooling on wire rack. Once cooled, mix confectioner's sugar, rum or rum extract and a little water for make icing. Drizzle over the top of the entire cake.