The tanginess of the yogurt comes through in this low-fat dessert.
Makes about 7 cups (fourteen ½-cup servings)
- 2 cups whole milk, plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups blueberries fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Nutritional information per serving (based on ½ cup):
Calories 95 (32% from fat) • carb. 15g • pro. 2g • fat 3g • sat. fat 2g
• chol. 9mg • sod. 29mg• calc. 45mg • fiber 1g
- Put all ingredients into a Cuisinart® food processor. Purée until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Strain into a large mixing bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Press Ice Cream and then Start/Stop. Pour the mixture through the spout and then cover with the cap. Let mix until thickened. The frozen yogurt will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the frozen yogurt to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.