No servings information available
1¼ cups sugar, divided
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen blackberries, thawed
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Coat a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine ¾ cup sugar, the butter, flour, milk, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the blackberries and remaining ½ cup sugar; mix well and spoon over the batter.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.
Note: Serve topped with whipped cream or over scoops of ice cream. During blackberry season, substitute 3 ½ cups fresh blackberries for the frozen, or use any of your favorite fresh or frozen berries.