These cookies bring comfort to mind, when Grandma's Oatmeal cookies meet Momma's Chocolate Chip. These cookies give you just the right amount of chocolate in each bite without over doing it.
1 Cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
½ Cup Sugar
2 Large eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla (and a smidge more)
1½ Cups Flour (all purpose)
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Salt (optional, but I recommend it)
3 Cups Quick or Old Fashioned Oats (uncooked)
1 Package of Mini Morsels (12 oz.)
No nutrition information available
1. Heat oven to 350 Degrees F.
2. Cream Butter and Sugars in Cuisinart Stand Mixer.
3. Slowly add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla, and beat well.
4. Add flour, baking soda, Cinnamon, and salt; Mix well.
5. Add Oats, and stir in mini Morsels (or mix on low because you do not want the chips to break apart)
6. Scoop out cookie balls no bigger than a 50 cent piece, and roll in between palms for a uniform look. *The smaller the better
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until shininess has gone. *Do not overcook at this point or they will not be soft and crunchy.
8. While cookies are baking, place a piece of foil onto counter about the size of your cookie sheet.
9. When shininess has gone, remove cookies from the oven, and cook them on the pan for two minutes. *This allows the extra cooking time to get the crunchiness, but keep them soft.
10. When the two minutes are up, transfer them to the foil on the counter. *Most counters are cool, and this slows down the cooking, to keep them soft.