So creamy and delicious — hard to believe
it is not ice cream!
Makes about 4 cups
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch kosher salt
6 medium to large, ripe bananas,
cut into 1-inch pieces
2 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (if using chips, about 1⁄3 cup)
Nutritional information per serving (based on ½ cup): Calories 126 (18% from fat) • carb. 27g • pro. 1g
• fat 3g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 0mg • sod. 17mg
• calc. 6mg • fiber 3g
1. Mix the honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt together in a small measuring cup or bowl. Set aside.
2. Assemble the paddle holder of the Cuisinart® Frozen Dessert Maker with the fresh fruit paddle. Place in freezer bowl and turn the unit on. While the unit is running, put the bananas into the frozen freezer bowl and then follow with the combined honey mixture.
3. While the bananas are churning, melt the chocolate and keep warm; reserve.
4. Once the banana mixture is frozen, but still soft, about 15 minutes, slowly drizzle or spoon in the melted chocolate to the churning mixture. Once all has been added, allow to churn to fully mix for an additional 1 or 2 minutes.