This Banana Cake will have best flavor with very ripe bananas. The peels should be covered with black spots
Pecan- Crumb Topping
⅓ c. packed brown sugar
¼ c. all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon. ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp. cold butter or margarine
¾ c. pecans, chopped
1⅓c. mashed fully ripe bananas (about 4 med)
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2teaspoon. vanilla extract
1 teaspoon. baking powder
½ teaspoon. baking soda
⅛ teaspoon. ground cinnamon
½ c. butter or margarine (1 stick) softened
¾ c. packed brown sugar
½ c. granulated sugar
2 lg. eggs
2 c. all-purpose flour
No nutrition information available
1. Prepare pecan topping: In mixer bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. With mixer cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in Pecans and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 13" by 9" metal baking pan.
3. Prepare Banana Cake - In small bowl, mix bananas, lemon juice, and vanilla. On waxed paper mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ½ teaspoon. of salt.
4. In mixer bow, with mixer on medium speed beat butter and sugars until light and creamy, 5 minutes, scraping bowl often. Add eggs 1 at a time beating well after each addition. On low speed, alternately add flour and banana mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour mixture; beat until smooth.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with Crumb topping. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake on wire rack.