• 5 apples
• 1 ½ cup of water
• 1 tablespoon of honey (white honey preferred)
• 2 squirts of lime juice
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs
• ½-teaspoon baking powder
• 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
• ¾ cup of packed brown sugar
• 1 large egg
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 350. Make sure oven rack is in the middle. Grease two (2) 8-inch square baking pan using cooking spray and set aside.
2. Slice all five (5) apples thinly. Put apples in air fryer for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. At minute eight (8), flip the apples over so that both sides are evenly cooked.
3. While apples are cooking, in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and graham cracker crumbs. Set aside.
4. Using a mixer, mix butter and brown sugar together for 3-5 minutes. Mixture should be light and fluffy.
5. Beat in the egg. Mixture should still be light and fluffy.
6. Add the flour mixture to the batter and mix until smooth.
7. Divide the batter into two (2) even sections and put the batter onto the bottom of each of the square pans. I recommend baking each square dish one at a time so that they bake evenly.
8. Put one (1) baking pan into the center rack of the oven to bake for 17-20 minutes.
9. While the dough is baking, grab the finished air-fried apples and set aside.
10. In a saucepan, add water and set to boil. Once the water is boiling, add the apple slices, lime juice, and honey. Boil mixture for 15-20 or until the mixture becomes mushy or paste-like with little liquid left. Once cooked, turn off the heat and set apple mixture aside.
11. Once the first dough mixture has finished baking, set aside for cooling (about 20 minutes) and add the second square dish full of dough mixture. Set timer for 17-20 minutes.** **If you only have one (1) 8-inch square baking dish, you will need wait for the dough to cool and set aside the cook dough. Then re-grease the baking dish, add uncooked dough, and bake for 17-20 minutes.
12. Once both doughs are cooked and cooled, remove from pans and place side by side. Using a spatula or metal spoon, add mixture to the tops and spread evenly. Take one of the cooked doughs with the mixture on top and flip it onto of the other cooked dough (as if you were putting a sandwich together).
13. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the mixture into squares and enjoy!