- 1 large egg, separated
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 firm apples, about 8oz (preferably Granny Smith), sliced
- cinnamon sugar for dusting
No nutrition information available
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the egg yolk and sugar. Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract and then whisk in the dry ingredients slowly, ¼ cup at a time, until batter is smooth.
- Whip the egg whites to firm but not dry peaks. Carefully fold the whites with a large rubber spatula into the batter base in three separate additions.
- Fill your Cuisinart Deep Fryer with vegetable oil to the maximum line. Preheat to 375F. When oil is ready, lower the basket into the oil. Dip the fruit slices into the batter allowing any excess to drip back into the bowl. Carefully lower fruit slices into the oil. Fry for 1½ to 2 minutes total, turning once so that the fritters are golden and crispy. Lift basket and let the oil drain out. With a pair of tongs, place fritters on layered paper towels to drain and dust with cinnamon sugar. Repeat with remaining fritters and serve immediately.