Original Apple Cake Recipe from Grandma, who came from Kiev, Russia in 1905.
No servings information available
½ cup sugar
4 teaspoon. cinnamon
5 large apples, peeled and sliced
3 cups flour
3 teaspoon. baking powder
½ teaspoon. of salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2½ teaspoon. vanilla
¼ cup orange juice
No nutrition information available
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix together A.
3. Sift together B.
4. Set aside both bowls.
5. Beat C together in order listed.
6. Slowly add B to C while still mixing.
7. Grease and flour tube pan.
8. Pour ½ batter in pan.
9. Then pour all of sticky apple mixture (A) and left over cinnamon and sugar mixture on top of batter.
10. Pour remaining batter on top of apples.
11. It may not cover all of the apples.
12. Bake at 350 F for one (1) hour to one (1) hour and 15 min.
13. Cool in pan for about 45 min.
14. Before taking out of pan, cut around pan and try to cut on the bottom with a knife. If cake is too warm, it will separate after out of pan.