Serve this simple dessert well chilled in stemmed goblets for an elegant presentation.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 pound fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 strip lemon zest (2 x 1⁄2 inch)
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Calories 204 (70% from fat) carb. 13g • pro. 2g • fat 16g • sat. fat 9g
• chol. 43mg • sod. 15mg • calc. 44mg • fiber 1g
- In a Cuisinart® 2-quart saucier, melt butter and 2 tablespoons of the sugar over medium-low heat, stirring until golden and caramel in color, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add peaches and zest, cover loosely and cook over low heat until peaches are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove and discard zest strip. Insert hand blender making certain protective guard is submerged and blend on Low, using a gentle up- and-down motion, moving the blender through the pan until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl, let cool, then cover and chill.
- Put the mascarpone, remaining sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Insert hand blender making sure the protective guard is submerged and process, about 20 seconds. Scrape bowl and process about 1 minute longer. Chill until ready to use.
- Spoon peach mixture and whipped mascarpone mixture into goblets in alternate layers. Keep chilled until ready to serve. May be garnished with fresh raspberries, toasted sliced almonds or a mint leaf.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!