Use your Sandwich Grill to make this quick and easy dessert that can be served plain or topped with ice cream while still warm. Fruit tarts are also a nice alternative to packaged toaster pastries for breakfast.
4 slices firm bread – white, wheat, or sweet, such as raisin, cinnamon swirl, or challah
2–3 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
4 tablespoons canned fruit pie filling (apple, cherry, peach, blueberry)
Nutritional information per serving
(based on Cherry Pie Filling):
Calories 294 (15% from fat) • carb. 53g • pro. 8g
• fat 5g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 5mg • sod. 375mg
• calc. 40mg • fiber 4g
1. Preheat the Sandwich Grill.
2. Spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Top the unbuttered side of each slice with half the pie filling (2 tablespoons). Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
3. When green indicator light is on, place the "tarts" on the bottom plates and use firm pressure to close and lock the Sandwich Grill. Cook until the green indicator light comes on again.
4. Remove “tarts” and let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving (filling will be very hot). Serve plain, dusted with powdered sugar, or with a favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt.
FRUIT DANISH VARIATION:
Combine 1 ounce light or regular cream cheese with
1 tablespoon liquid pasteurized egg product (such as EggBeaters®), 1 teaspoon granulated sugar and
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract and stir until smooth. Spread mixture on unbuttered sides of 2 slices of buttered bread. Top mixture with 2 tablespoons fruit pie filling and remaining slices of bread, butter side up. Place on preheated Sandwich Grill and cook until green indicator light comes on. If using cherry filling, you may also add 1 tablespoon chocolate chips.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!