PUMPKIN CHEESECAKECuisinart Original Recipe
Change up the Thanksgiving table with this pumpkin pie–inspired dessert."
24 gingersnap cookies
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and cubed
16 ounces (2 standard packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into 12 pieces, room temperature
½ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup pumpkin purée
pinch kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
8 ounces crème fraîche, or plain greek yogurt, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place a baking pan on the bottom rack of the oven and fill with water. Position the other rack in the middle of the oven, directly over the water-filled pan. Lightly coat the inside of a springform pan with nonstick spray; reserve.
- Prepare the crust. Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl of the food processor. Add the cookies and pulse about 10 times to chop, then process to finely grind, about 20 seconds. Add the butter and pulse about 5 times to combine. Remove and press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Reserve.
- Prepare the filling. Remove the chopping blade to wipe out work bowl, and then replace the chopping blade. Add the cream cheese. Pulse about 5 times, scrape down sides of bowl, and then process for 30 to 35 seconds until creamy. Add the sugars and pulse a few times, and then process until homogenous, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. With the unit running, add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Stop the unit to add the pumpkin, salt and spices. Pulse until combined, scraping down as needed. Pulse in the crème fraîche until combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Open the oven; if any of the water has evaporated from the baking pan in the oven, add some more. Place the cheesecake on the middle rack. Bake for 1 hour and then turn the oven off and let rest in the oven for an additional hour. Cool cheesecake completely on a cooling rack, then cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Servingsmakes one 8-inch cake, about 12 servings
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 334 (60% from fat) | carb. 27g | pro. 6g | fat 22g sat. fat 12g | chol. 122mg | sod. 258mg | calc. 36mg | fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Custom 14™ Food Processor
Pro Classic™ Food Processor
Prep 9™ 9-Cup Food Processor
Prep 11 Plus™ 11-Cup Food Processor
Pro Custom 11™ Food Processor
Cuisinart Elite Collection™ 12-Cup Food Processor
Elite Collection™ 14-Cup Food Processor