A delicious and creamy non-dairy frozen treat. Be sure to mix the batter very well before freezing to avoid any clumps in the final product.
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- ²∕³ cup granulated sugar
- ¹∕³ cup light brown sugar
- pinch sea or kosher salt
- 2 cans (13.5 ounces each) coconut milk (do not use "lite")
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Per ½ cup: Calories 244 (57% from fat) • carb. 25g • pro. 2g • fat 15g • sat. fat 14g • chol. 0mg • sod. 36mg • calc. 5mg • fiber 1g
- Mix all ingredients together very well until there are no clumps (you can use a blender on low speed, or a hand blender, to be sure).
- Chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Whisk mixture again before pouring into the ice cream maker.
- Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl of the Cuisinart® Ice Cream and Gelato Maker fitted with the ice cream paddle. Turn unit on, set Timer and press Start. Let mix until thickened, about 40 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.