Extra-moist carrot cupcakes, topped with Cream Cheese Frosting, make a delicious treat.
Cake: 1/2 pound carrots, about 4 medium carrots 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar 2 large eggs 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting: 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature and cut into 6 pieces 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature and cut into 6 pieces 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted pinch sea salt 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon sour cream
Nutritional information per cupcake (without frosting):
Calories 264 (57% from fat) • carb. 25g • pro. 4g
• fat 17g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 35mg • sod. 218mg
• calc. 70mg • fiber 2g
Notable nutrients based on daily percentages:
Vitamin A 82%
Nutritional information per cupcake (with frosting):
Calories 381 (64% from fat) • carb. 29g • pro. 5g
• fat 28g • sat. fat 8g • chol. 66mg • sod. 273mg
• calc. 81mg • fiber 2g
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and lightly flour a 12-cup muffin pan; reserve.
2. Turn the Cuisinart® Juice Extractor to speed 5. Turn the unit on and juice the carrots. Measure out 2 tablespoons of the carrot juice and reserve the remainder for another use. Reserve pulp.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugars, eggs, oil, vanilla and carrot juice until smooth. Stir in the carrot pulp, walnuts and dry ingredients until just combined.
5. Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops of the cupcakes bounce back, and a cake tester inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool in the pan.
6. While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting.
7. Put the cream cheese, butter and sugar into a medium mixing bowl. Using a Cuisinart® Hand Mixer fitted with the mixing beaters, mix on medium-low until completely smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
8. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, top with the Cream Cheese Frosting.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!