Similar to a flourless chocolate cake, this is an easy, delicious dessert cake that can be made ahead & frozen for 1 month. One serving is only 205 calories! Serve with fresh raspberries & a dab of fresh whipped cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup water 1 tablespoon instant espresso or 2 tbl instant coffee
2/3 cup Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons Kahlua
3 large egg yolks
1/3 cup sifted cake flour
6 large egg whites at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Per serving: 207 calories; fat 6.1g, protein 5g,car 34.2g, fiber0.2g, chol55mg, iron 2mg, sodium91mg, calc31mgr
- Preheat oven to 300f. Coat bottom of a 9" springform pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, water & espresso in a large saucepan; bring to boil. Remove from heat; add cocoa, salt & chocolates, stirring with a whisk until chocolate melts. Stir in Kahlua & egg yolks. Stir in flour; set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites & cream of tartar with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add 1/3 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold one-fourth of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture, repeat procedure with remaining egg white mixture, one-fourth at a time until all is incorporated. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake at 300f for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Cover with heavy duty foil, seal & freeze.
- To serve, thaw in refrigerator overnite. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature. Remove sides from pan; sift powder sugar over cake. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!